Riverside Touring Park (South Molton Devon)

Been somewhere good or bad? – tell us
Neild
Forum Contributor
Winner: Comedian of the Year 2012
Funniest Thread of the Year 2012
Car Details: Wife's D4

Riverside Touring Park (South Molton Devon)

Post by Neild » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:40 pm

Spent two nights mid route to Woolacombe Bay at May Half Term.

We stayed here for two nights, just off the A361 and really broke the journy up nicely.

http://www.exmoorriverside.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pitches are really big with full services 'on tap' and your own hardwood picnic table and chairs. No problems at all apart from the TV Hook up couldnt pick up reception so we used our own built in kit which worked excellently.

The site is really big but not all pitches so plenty of space to walk and ride in. The site has a river through the middle for the children to swim and walk in, maybe 24" deep in places. Fishing on site too, in the river and in the stocked lakes.

They take group bookings and also have a dedicated rally field, shop, cafe doing tea and breakfasts.

Only gripe is they charge you £5 deposit for a secuirty key card to get access in and out..... then only give you £4 back as £1 is a 'fee'. WTF?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

There's no "i" in team but there are 5 in individual brilliance...

Stu
Vice Chairman
Winner: Subject of Photo of the Year 2012
Most Stupid Fall of the year - so far. 2013
Author the Funniest Thread of the Year 2014
Car Details: D3 HSE

Re: Riverside Touring Park (South Molton Devon)

Post by Stu » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:13 am

If I'd written that you'd call me a tight arse, but that is the sort of thing that really winds me up. It's like charging extra for a pup tent or dare I say it a gazebo. You've paid for your bit of space, if you choose to put a one man tent on it or a massive tent then it shouldn't make any difference as you're not taking up any more space and you've paid per person on top of the pitch as well.

I hate places like swimming pools were you have to pay for locker. To me it's like buying shoes, you're going to need laces with a pair of shoes so you don't expect to pay extra for them.

I didn't even like it at David Lloyd when you had to have a pound for the locker, you got it back, but it meant I always had to have a pound. I was paying about £140 a month for our family membership and I still had to remember a sodding £1 coin.

As featured in LRO and BBC Radio 2!

"It's not a gazebo it's an event shelter"