Removing aux heater

Calls for help, Problems, Breakdowns, Mechanical & Electrical
audiobull
Forum Contributor
Car Details: D3 HSE

Removing aux heater

Post by audiobull » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:03 pm

If I wanted to be a tight arse and remove my aux heater and use it in my camper conversion. What would I need to remove, plug up, join etc?
Its been unplugged for the passed 2 years as I always thought it was staying on when driving ruining my mpg (it probably wasnt) so I never got to plug it back in. Now I am doing a camper conversion Im wondering if I can be a tight arse and pinch it from it? :oops:

anglefire
Site Admin
Winner: Club Member of Year 2012 & 13
Car Details: Skoda Enyaq IV 80

Re: Removing aux heater

Post by anglefire » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:21 pm

Your MPG will most likely be worse for not having it connected as well as reducing emissions at startup as it gets warmer quicker.

But other than that, there is no real reason why you can't - just need to change the CCF to remove it from the system so it won't log errors and to connect the water pipes together. Though I'm not sure what the effect would be as you are creating a low resistance bypass - when its in circuit the pump will add some resistance. May not matter - but I wouldn't know for sure.

You could just stop being a total tightarse and get the one in the car working properly and get a 2nd hand one off the bay - anything would work for what you want as long as it can be controlled by something!

And would mean when you do come to sell the car that you don't have to find one and put it back!

Mark

Waeco CFX 40
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Skoda Enyaq IV 80
Skoda Superb SE L Ex (Gone)
2006 disco3 SE. Gone but not forgotten.
BMW 530d M Sport Touring. Gone
Member of Admin team and :ugeek:
Disco3Club Photos: Here

Bodsy
Chairman
Winner: Technical Post 2012, 2013
Comedian of the Year 2014
Car Details: 2007 HSE

Post by Bodsy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:05 pm

It will work in a camper but you’ll need a controller of some sort. Webasto or one of my Altox Controllers.

You also need the FBH fuel pump which is located under the car on the gearbox cross member. And the water pump which is already on the Fbh frame.

Check http://tinyurl.com/brakebible
Here for How to change your Brake Pads, Disks, EPB Shoes Adjust, removal, cleaning & fitting Guide.

IID Pro Multivehicle. D3, D4, RRSport pre and post 2010, FFRR.
Gearbox Transmission Flushes and much more

Disco3Club Chairman

audiobull
Forum Contributor
Car Details: D3 HSE

Post by audiobull » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:19 pm

I know I should really just buy a seperate system but just weighing my options up. If its not too hard to do it. Best find a manual for it and figure out what needs turning off etc. I have a diag thing but not yet activated it so should be ok to turn ccf off. From what I remember the webasco controllers were expensive compared to your kits Bodsy so it will more then likely be one of your kits anyways ;-)
Just cleaned up the gearbox pivot, done discs and pads all round. Now a full service :D