Hit a horse video

d3mad
Forum Contributor
Car Details: Discovery 3 HSE 2006

Hit a horse video

Post by d3mad » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:38 pm

I hit a Horse - Video - D3 saved me!

Video of me hitting a horse in my beloved D3

http://youtu.be/FnCLNdH08io" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (trying to lighten youtube conversion as original is perfect)

On Monday I hit a horse when two jumped out of a hedgerow on a busy main road. Luckily there was an unusual gap in the traffic due to a bus stopping 200 meters down the road.

It happened in a instance but the good news is the horse is okay, just bruises and ligament damage, but beloved D3 needs a repair (£2,000 approx)

Luckily I changed cars at the last minute at home from the Avensis which if I had been in it, the horse would have come over the wing into the windscreen. The height of the D3 threw it sideways and saved both of us I think?

Damage is wing mirror (totally ripped off), front bumper quarter, wheel arch trim, wheel arch liner, and a few dents in wing, door and bonnet and some deep scratches from buckles on the horses rug.

Could have been much worse.

Blackvue incredible proof as owner was trying to wriggle out but when presented, their insurance immediately admitted liability.

ken
Club Supporter

Re: Hit a horse video

Post by ken » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:34 am

Trust your not driving the D3 at present

And the action of the Rider is from what I encounter is typical they live in their own bubble

Out on the Nature reserve with the pack we often have to call the pack in due to riders due they realise what we have done well more often than not no , sometime shouting across to them OI i'll release them often has the desired results. Nothing against horses its their riders :headbang: (You never own a horse)

Assailant extricated

Bigcarpchaser
Club Supporter
Car Details: BMW 320CC Msport +

Post by Bigcarpchaser » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:39 am

Do horse riders have to have insurance to ride on the road?

Clare hit a schoolgirl a year ago who walked out from behind a bus, can't remember the exact details now however witnesses laid no blame at Clare and she was only doing about 20mph so all good there.
They were both OK thankfully but the Z4 had £2k's worth of damage....thick pedestrians are not insured unfortunately so cost us a few quid through no fault of ours.
Are horses/livestock similarly uninsured? I know it'd be tricky to claim off a dead badgers family but escaped livestock would seem to be the liability of the owner.

http://www.gnvehicleprotection.co.uk
Rock Sliders, Sump Guards, Rear Access Ladders, Exhaust Bungs all for the Discovery 3

clement
Forum Contributor
Car Details: Discovery

Post by clement » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:25 am

I know from experience, If your dog runs onto the road and causes an accident or damage to a vehicle from being hit, the dog owner is liable for the repairs.
I would have thought it would be the same for horse owners etc.

Clem - Thinks he has the best job in the world - piloting Gift Island's robotic doughnut rings and listening to Hip Hop music in the cockpit all day

Discovery 2
Club Cadac

Stu
Vice Chairman
Winner: Subject of Photo of the Year 2012
Most Stupid Fall of the year - so far. 2013
Author the Funniest Thread of the Year 2014
Car Details: D3 HSE

Post by Stu » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:37 pm

Doesn't work in the new forest where the horses aren't owned by anyone.

As featured in LRO and BBC Radio 2!

"It's not a gazebo it's an event shelter"