Change of car............ Again.

The Bar is open, pop inside to discuss anything non car or club related.
anglefire
Site Admin
Winner: Club Member of Year 2012 & 13
Car Details: Skoda Enyaq IV 80

Re: Change of car............ Again.

Post by anglefire » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:27 pm

Bigcarpchaser wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:26 am
It takes a bit more “effort” to drive for sure Stu but handling wise you’d have to be doing very illegal speeds before it gets unwieldy but it’s quite controllable given its rear wheel drive.
It can be a bit of a handful in the wet.
It’s a car to respect as opposed to rag round like a loon all the time and yes, it sounds amazing :)
Never had a V8 before so had to have one before we all get made to drive around in a Renault Twizzy Hhaa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rear wheel drive is the best! I'd forgotten how bad front wheel drive was until it has got a bit wet and cold - the skoda has to be driven with some care otherwise there is lots of wheel spin which doesn't look good, and more importantly, means you don't get to go very fast!
The BMW was much better in that regard - until it got snowy - when you just left it on the drive and walked if you had to go anywhere! :lol:

Mark

Waeco CFX 40
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Skoda Enyaq IV 80
Skoda Superb SE L Ex (Gone)
2006 disco3 SE. Gone but not forgotten.
BMW 530d M Sport Touring. Gone
Member of Admin team and :ugeek:
Disco3Club Photos: Here

Bigcarpchaser
Club Supporter
Car Details: BMW 320CC Msport +

Post by Bigcarpchaser » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:41 pm

My Cupra was DSG Mark so wasn’t really able to wheel spin it too much without the diff going nuts. The ST version with 4 wheel drive and 400bhp would have been my next car had I not found this one. (It’s only got near 500bhp lol and people have them mapped up to 600 without too much trouble)
I might fit a LSD to the Merc next year if work picks up. There’s a couple of options. Wiestec or Quaife seem to be the ones to go for, both around £1500.
Not sure if it’ll make much difference to my driving to be honest though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.gnvehicleprotection.co.uk
Rock Sliders, Sump Guards, Rear Access Ladders, Exhaust Bungs all for the Discovery 3

anglefire
Site Admin
Winner: Club Member of Year 2012 & 13
Car Details: Skoda Enyaq IV 80

Post by anglefire » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:13 pm

My Skoda is DSG too - fine in normal use but not as nicely controlled as the BMW (But hey, it's less than 1/2 the price!) - and I'm not a loon these days - I have my Spitfire to hoon about in - and remain legal because its more noise than speed :lol:

LSD's are fine if you fine lots of spinning now I guess - otherwise nothing will significantly change surely?

Mark

Waeco CFX 40
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Skoda Enyaq IV 80
Skoda Superb SE L Ex (Gone)
2006 disco3 SE. Gone but not forgotten.
BMW 530d M Sport Touring. Gone
Member of Admin team and :ugeek:
Disco3Club Photos: Here