Safari Snorkel

After Market & Dealer / Service Feedback
Blacknsilver3
Elected Club Member
Car Details: Silver D3 HSE

Re: Safari Snorkel

Post by Blacknsilver3 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:55 pm

Does fitting the LR Snorkel reduce the MPG? I read that it can knock off 20%. All though this was said about the D4 not the D3.

2005 HSE...Land Rover Snorkel...Full GNVP Protection...Pirelli ATRs on RRS Alloys...National Luna Split Charge System...Optima Yellow Top...Extra 12v Sockets...BFG KM2s on 17s...Radiator Muff...front & Rear Light Guards...Drilled and Vented Discs...Prospeed Rack/Ladder...LED Lights...BAS remap.

Jason
Forum Contributor
Car Details: Defender 110 DC

Post by Jason » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:00 pm

It can reduce slightly, 1-2mpg I noticed as it was my 1st modification. You'll loose a hell of a lot more when it comes to tyre choices or roof racks.

It's a Brick, and not designed to be economic, the fuel prices will only ever rise so I'd get used to it now as a new'ish owner. :lol:

Defender 110 Double Cab 2010

SkyTag GPS Tracker & SkyTag LW52

SafeTPedal Security

Bluefin Remap Interface, +40bhp/102Nm

Blacknsilver3
Elected Club Member

Post by Blacknsilver3 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:04 pm

Jason wrote:It can reduce slightly, 1-2mpg I noticed as it was my 1st modification. You'll loose a hell of a lot more when it comes to tyre choices or roof racks.

It's a Brick, and not designed to be economic, the fuel prices will only ever rise so I'd get used to it now as a new'ish owner. :lol:
Dont for get where I have come from. A L200 Animal which was running on KM2s! And you think the D3 is a brick! :lol:
I was getting between 18 and 22mpg. Getting an average of 27+ at the mo. Happy with that. :thumbright:

2005 HSE...Land Rover Snorkel...Full GNVP Protection...Pirelli ATRs on RRS Alloys...National Luna Split Charge System...Optima Yellow Top...Extra 12v Sockets...BFG KM2s on 17s...Radiator Muff...front & Rear Light Guards...Drilled and Vented Discs...Prospeed Rack/Ladder...LED Lights...BAS remap.

Jason
Forum Contributor

Post by Jason » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:12 pm

I'm averaging between 26-28mpg with General Grabber AT tyres, RAI and an Expo rack..it's how you drive that returns a great MPG. I am a LGV driver, and all day I drive at 56mph so anything above 60mph and I'm rushing. I never rush, hence the great MPG I'm retuning with all my kit aboard.

SafeTPedal Security

Blacknsilver3
Elected Club Member

Post by Blacknsilver3 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Jason wrote:I'm averaging between 26-28mpg with General Grabber AT tyres, RAI and an Expo rack..it's how you drive that returns a great MPG. I am a LGV driver, and all day I drive at 56mph so anything above 60mph and I'm rushing. I never rush, hence the great MPG I'm retuning with all my kit aboard.

Same here mate. No point in foot down. Can guarantee that the Plod are sat around the corner and keen to ticket you. At the end of it you dont get there much quicker. I have been like it for years. Get called 'Mrs Daisy' at work. Dont get me wrong I dont drive mega slow but a speed limit is a speed limit and thats what I stick to. Weird as when I get in the Mrs car I tend to drive a bit quicker. Maybe its because she fills that up! :whistle:

Neild
Forum Contributor
Winner: Comedian of the Year 2012
Funniest Thread of the Year 2012
Car Details: Wife's D4

Post by Neild » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:16 pm

Blacknsilver3 wrote:
Jason wrote:It can reduce slightly, 1-2mpg I noticed as it was my 1st modification. You'll loose a hell of a lot more when it comes to tyre choices or roof racks.

Dont for get where I have come from. A L200 Animal which was running on KM2s! And you think the D3 is a brick! :lol:
I was getting between 18 and 22mpg. Getting an average of 27+ at the mo. Happy with that. :thumbright:
Wait till you fit all your items on monday, you'll be down to 12 MPG!

There's no "i" in team but there are 5 in individual brilliance...

Jason
Forum Contributor

Post by Jason » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Oooooooooo goodies on the way, means the beast is gonna get heavy :lol:

SafeTPedal Security

Neild
Forum Contributor
Winner: Comedian of the Year 2012
Funniest Thread of the Year 2012
Car Details: Wife's D4

Post by Neild » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Jason wrote:Oooooooooo goodies on the way, means the beast is gonna get heavy :lol:
Full sets of goodies!

There's no "i" in team but there are 5 in individual brilliance...

Jason
Forum Contributor

Post by Jason » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:44 pm

8-) , still lurve my sliders.

SafeTPedal Security

MrsClayton
Forum Contributor
Car Details: MY66 Discovery 4

Post by MrsClayton » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:51 am

Which snorkel is better? I think the LR one looks sexy but if its not water tight but is the safari snorkel the only other option??