People bypassing content filtering

Please pass on any feedback or improvement posts in here. NOT FAULTS
countrywide

Re: People bypassing content filtering

Post by countrywide » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:59 am

Kingmav66 wrote:Andy, yes you're old fashioned.
I can still insult you by PM though.

I am just as guilty I expect but this is a good reminder from Stu about it.

Kingmav66
Forum Contributor
Winner: Modification of the Year 2013
Mechanical Maestro of the Year 2014
Car Details: D3 HSE

Post by Kingmav66 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:10 am

It's only because Vic has pulled him up about his language at home, so he felt he needed to pass it down the line :lol:

countrywide

Post by countrywide » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:11 am

I think she mentioned a caravan purchase and he thought that was a swear word :lol:

Stu
Vice Chairman
Winner: Subject of Photo of the Year 2012
Most Stupid Fall of the year - so far. 2013
Author the Funniest Thread of the Year 2014
Car Details: D3 HSE

Post by Stu » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:22 am

I did actually post options and didn't voice an opinion.

As featured in LRO and BBC Radio 2!

"It's not a gazebo it's an event shelter"

benp
Green Lane Rep
Winner: Benner of the year
Car Details: D3

Post by benp » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:37 am

anglefire wrote:
benp wrote:it :censored: well should do
And notification emails have the unedited version.

so in short typing the word and letting the filter take care of it is a bad plan :lol:

Benner of the year
club dog guard in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out....club the dog is dead but cant change the signature :(
club the D3 is alive!

xtc
Forum Contributor
Car Details: D4

Post by xtc » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:39 am

Why is this continually referred to as a 'family friendly' site'? Whilst I do not condone the Welsh abusing sheep, I do enjoy the inventiveness of folks to bypass the swear filter.
To me it's a site for adults, mostly men, talking about cars & other trivia. I do not know many children that own Land Rovers. I don't remember catching my two sneakily logging on..

If I have any of the daily news sites up on the screen and the children look over my shoulder I inevitably have to close the page as it's normally horrific stories or pictures of children dying. I have never felt the need to do the same if browsing D3Club.
If the word pi55 is the worst thing my kiddies see or hear this week I'll be a happy man!

Remember! If 2 members have complained, then 1312 haven't :shark:

Off Roading is OK.... But I'd rather be Boating!

J@mes
Forum Contributor
Winner: Rear of The Year 2012

Post by J@mes » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:42 am

countrywide wrote:James, I am trying to keep up and it is early, but not sure what are you saying.

You suggested we allow the same content as on twitter, facebook etc as they can read that anyway otherwise any censorship holds no weight. That's what I may have misunderstood from your comment.

Sorry if you meant something else, but I wouldn't want anything approaching the levels of facebook and twitter on this forum.

I do think it is a good reminder from Stu about the potential audience, and I am not innocent either so this is not to point fingers.
Sorry, I didn't mean to jump on you Andy. I'm at work and everything is falling apart, thus ruining my relaxing Sunday morning!

I don't think we need to allow an anything goes attitude, as there really is no need for it. I don't generally have an anything goes attitude on other forums I use where it is allowed (and trust me, some of them make this place look like mumsnet) and I moderate myself on facebook/real life, especially if my mother might hear or see it!

But while there is exposure to vile content on the internet, there seems little point in running what is predominantly an adult-use forum as tight as a nuns chuff possibly at the detriment to the adults that do use it.

I understand that no-one NEEDS to curse, but sometimes you just feel like it, don't you?

Should we be at risk of sanctions/ban due to a slip of the fingers? Or do we accept that these things happen, the filter picks up most of it and in reality there aren't that many children on here, let alone children who aren't aware of or already using the words in every day life?

I can't ever recall seeing anything properly vulgar posted on here, and the rest seem to be the moderate words which are more and more becoming part of every day life.

Romeo and Juliet - "I bite thy thumb at thee"

A proper insult back then, worthy of drawing swords. Offensive now? No.

:thumbright:

Saw the light, gone German

benp
Green Lane Rep
Winner: Benner of the year
Car Details: D3

Post by benp » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:49 am

xtc wrote:Why is this continually referred to as a 'family friendly' site'? Whilst I do not condone the Welsh abusing sheep, I do enjoy the inventiveness of folks to bypass the swear filter.
To me it's a site for adults, mostly men, talking about cars & other trivia. I do not know many children that own Land Rovers. I don't remember catching my two sneakily logging on..

If I have any of the daily news sites up on the screen and the children look over my shoulder I inevitably have to close the page as it's normally horrific stories or pictures of children dying. I have never felt the need to do the same if browsing D3Club.
If the word pi55 is the worst thing my kiddies see or hear this week I'll be a happy man!

Remember! If 2 members have complained, then 1312 haven't :shark:
amen to a man talking sense

Benner of the year
club dog guard in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out-in-out....club the dog is dead but cant change the signature :(
club the D3 is alive!

DSL
Forum Contributor
Car Details: The old muddy banger

Post by DSL » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:50 am

+1. :thumbright:

If only I could think of something useful to type here!! :(

countrywide

Post by countrywide » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:57 am

No problem James, it would be funny to have a Shakespeare based insult contest :lol: