Swanage 2011 Camping/Caravan Weekend 6th/7th Aug

All previous event threads are placed in here.
Neild
Forum Contributor
Winner: Comedian of the Year 2012
Funniest Thread of the Year 2012
Car Details: Wife's D4

Re: Swanage 2011 Camping/Caravan Weekend 6th/7th Aug

Post by Neild » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:40 pm

Stu wrote: Why didn't we bundle James this year?
I tried but he jumped up too quickly!!! :lol:

There's no "i" in team but there are 5 in individual brilliance...

Neild
Forum Contributor

Post by Neild » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:41 pm

JASON wrote:One thing I need to note, Ian's gentle stroll to Corfe Castle with Reggie/Frodo and Beth was NOT a gentle Stroll........great walk with a pint or two of the local ale, and a meal in the sun.

All made the return stroll in the sun very enjoyable despite the gradients involved.
I thought it aged you a little :rasp:

Neild
Forum Contributor

Post by Neild » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Non Stick Nick wrote:Same time next year?
Deffo, I'm on the case!

Neild
Forum Contributor

Post by Neild » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:45 pm

Stu wrote:Thanks for a great weekend everyone. It was a shame the weather wasn't kinder yesterday.

I thought we did pretty well at not upsetting the campsite. Ian obviously thought we'd done too well and tried to set fire to the bins, don't worry mate, it's all secret on here! :shock:

Why didn't we bundle James this year?

I particularly enjoyed the beach yesterday afternoon and sitting on the beach with Dom and Jane eating chips. The fireworks were good again and firing up the Jetboils for hot chocolate while the traffic died down was a nice end to it.

I feel we lost a bit of the community spirit we had last year, but I think that was down to the weather. Maybe we need a bit more of a plan next year? Definitely up for it again though.
Though the weather was ace tbh, mostly dry!. Chucked it down on Thuesday AM last week and again last night, boy did it come down!!!! Glad I was in a tintent and not a tent!.

Swanage again is ace and a wonderfull venue :thumbright:

Thought the 'spirit' was fine tbh... anything inmparticular?. Maybe its becuase you didnt make it into Swanage for the Arrows you missed the 'knowle'!. Friday night was the big social, rest of the weekend was cool too!

Kingmav66
Forum Contributor
Winner: Modification of the Year 2013
Mechanical Maestro of the Year 2014
Car Details: D3 HSE

Post by Kingmav66 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:48 pm

Have you got your bezzie mate Bens mobile number? I'm sure he would love to have us back again :whistle:
Can you ask if we can not have the pitches that ressembled Shreks swamp.....

Jason
Forum Contributor
Car Details: Defender 110 DC

Post by Jason » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:55 pm

Neild wrote:
JASON wrote:One thing I need to note, Ian's gentle stroll to Corfe Castle with Reggie/Frodo and Beth was NOT a gentle Stroll........great walk with a pint or two of the local ale, and a meal in the sun.

All made the return stroll in the sun very enjoyable despite the gradients involved.
I thought it aged you a little :rasp:

I have really aged Neil as you probably saw with your own eyes. I put it down to being extremely unwell and now an inherrant Pill Popper. Sorry myself n Elaine did'nt partake in the jives on Saturday night, we/I was struggling to fit in tbh. Time will help that, and KingMav's PM was appreciated.

Loved the Club outing, and the feel for the club. I know I made the right decision to move over, and the right decision to request the Name change.

Defender 110 Double Cab 2010

SkyTag GPS Tracker & SkyTag LW52

SafeTPedal Security

Bluefin Remap Interface, +40bhp/102Nm

Neild
Forum Contributor

Post by Neild » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:00 pm

Christ was a fab weekend!. Just be mulling over what we did!!!

Thursday was set up and crepes in Swanage for high tea and get some Co.op action followed by home made Spag Bol and drink with Anita and James outside 'Chez Grads'.

Friday was Durdle Dor with the Gradishers in the AM and then wandered into Wareham where we hooked up with the Jones' for a motor launch on the river followed a lovely lunch at the 'Quay local pub riverside. Then back to base camp for hello's to the newbies and off into Swanage again for the Red Arrows, back for a BBQ!.

Saturday was fry up morning!, yummy even if I do say so myself! Took the boys the the Bovingdon Tank Museum in the afternoon with Jones Snr, Jnr and Ollie Higgins while the girls had a nice cream team in the sunshine!. Came back and decided not to do the fireworks as they started so late :evil: and rain was due (that didnt come!!!). BBQ for dinner on the new Cadac (what a great toy!!!).

Sunday breakfast was thanks to NSN for the bacon and everyone seemed a bit hungover from the night before and some where busy sorting their tents out. Went to Swanage (again!) via the steam train and took out another motor boat with Ollie, Lou (Clem) and Leo :mrgreen: Came back to get swim gear and tootled off the Studland for a swim! :thumbright: . Sunday night had after dinner drinks with Mo and NSN in the heavy rain and thunder!.

Monday said cheery bye to NSN & Mo and went off the Sandbanks for breakfast. Missed the 11.30am cut off so had cake instead!. Walked down to the ferry and back before driving onto the ferry and back to Studland for the beach :thumbright:

Just got home now... knackered :shark:

Heck I even noticed Jason was missing Saturday night (dont know why?) I went to his tent and heard some rather strange noises so didnt go further :shock:

Neild
Forum Contributor

Post by Neild » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:08 pm

Kingmav66 wrote:Have you got your bezzie mate Bens mobile number? I'm sure he would love to have us back again :whistle:
Can you ask if we can not have the pitches that ressembled Shreks swamp.....
I'm not going back to Nordon, been there done that. Thinking of taking a day trip to Swanage and dropping the kids and Mrs off while I go site hunting, got a list of about 12 to visit and check out :mrgreen:

Neild
Forum Contributor

Post by Neild » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:08 pm

Oh, and we needed a tractor to get the Tintent out today!!!!!

Jason
Forum Contributor
Car Details: Defender 110 DC

Post by Jason » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:15 pm

I thought Ben was a ...................................... :censored: , showed me to my pich and saw Neils n Garys tintents (nobody home), then he bluntly said don't pitch yet, we want to mow the grass. :shock:

I pitched anyway. What a great idea to mow wet/damp grass in the Club area. Location wise Norden is great, but I am sure there are many more that appreciate the customers.

Will be there Next year with y'all :thumbright:

Defender 110 Double Cab 2010

SkyTag GPS Tracker & SkyTag LW52

SafeTPedal Security

Bluefin Remap Interface, +40bhp/102Nm