Committee Member
Winner: Avatar of the Year 2012
Comedian of the Year 2013
Mechanic of the Year 2014
Clube Member of the Year 2014
Car Details: Disco3 TDV6 HSE 2007

Re: Replacing the Low Pressure Pump in the fuel Tank

Post by PillowSmuggler » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:29 am

OK, so it's all done. I found that if you remove the mechatron from the gearbox there's a hell of a lot more fluid comes out!
I did find this weird warning about using the old filler hole :
Capture.JPG
I've been struggling to think how that level of oil can be a problem, and it's taken me a while to figure out. If this was a static fill level it'd be fine, but the level is set whilst the pumps are working and so the static level is much much higher. As the steel pan allows for about a litre less fluid, I'm guessing that using the top hole will bring the fluid high enough at startup to cause an issue (hydraulic lock?) in the mechatron.

The car is back to her old self now; tooks some gentle trips up and down the gears until everything was hot, then did some standing starts - approx 11.5 seconds from 0-60 based on the speedo and that's not bad compared to a book time of 12.6 so I'm using it as an assurance that nothing was slipping.

Time will tell if I full got away with it; principally I guess the next test will be towing the 1600kg tintent up that same hill that killed her. In the meantime I'm looking at fitting an electric cooler to the transmission oil radiator.

Regards, Dom.
2007 HSE Auto TDV6
Snorkel, Cyclonic air filter, GNVP Rock Sliders
78Ah Aux, Split charge, FBH Timer/Remote, Mantec sump plate
LED: Strobes, interior, camping, brake, running, sides
New Oil Pump, using 2SO at 1:400.