In car video recorder.

Projects and discussions on ‘how to’ and your Discovery 3 and 4
Blacknsilver3
Elected Club Member
Car Details: Silver D3 HSE

In car video recorder.

Post by Blacknsilver3 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:27 pm

The more I spend on the Landy the more I seem to think that some toe rag will want to try his luck with it. If he gets passed the sensor on the garage and the bat that awaits him after he sets it off, I would like a back up plan. I know Deano has a camera set up but not sure which type.
Like the look of this. A bit pricey but I have only just started my search. Its something that I might do. Probably after the scum bag takes the lights off the back but we shall see. Costly if you want one at the front and back. I like the idea of the motion sensor and the recording while away from the car.
Any thoughts ?

2005 HSE...Land Rover Snorkel...Full GNVP Protection...Pirelli ATRs on RRS Alloys...National Luna Split Charge System...Optima Yellow Top...Extra 12v Sockets...BFG KM2s on 17s...Radiator Muff...front & Rear Light Guards...Drilled and Vented Discs...Prospeed Rack/Ladder...LED Lights...BAS remap.

anglefire
Site Admin
Winner: Club Member of Year 2012 & 13
Car Details: Skoda Enyaq IV 80

Re: In car video recorder.

Post by anglefire » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:33 pm

No Linky :whistle:

Mark

Waeco CFX 40
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Skoda Enyaq IV 80
Skoda Superb SE L Ex (Gone)
2006 disco3 SE. Gone but not forgotten.
BMW 530d M Sport Touring. Gone
Member of Admin team and :ugeek:
Disco3Club Photos: Here

Blacknsilver3
Elected Club Member

Post by Blacknsilver3 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:46 pm

:lol:

http://www.carcamerachoices.co.uk/black ... n7vK0.dpbs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2005 HSE...Land Rover Snorkel...Full GNVP Protection...Pirelli ATRs on RRS Alloys...National Luna Split Charge System...Optima Yellow Top...Extra 12v Sockets...BFG KM2s on 17s...Radiator Muff...front & Rear Light Guards...Drilled and Vented Discs...Prospeed Rack/Ladder...LED Lights...BAS remap.

brummiedeano
Elected Club Member

Post by brummiedeano » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:51 pm

BlackVue HD's front and rear :thumbright:

Institute of Advanced Motorists - Car
ROSPA Advanced Drivers and Riders - Car
BTEC Level 3 Advanced Award in Driving
LANTRA 4x4 Off Road Driving Professional (CLVF01X)
MSUK Experienced Track Marshal
BORDA Higher Level Off Road Driving (CP9988)
First Aid At Work
SCL Security

Blacknsilver3
Elected Club Member

Post by Blacknsilver3 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:58 pm

brummiedeano wrote:BlackVue HD's front and rear :thumbright:
:thumbright:

Kingmav66
Forum Contributor
Winner: Modification of the Year 2013
Mechanical Maestro of the Year 2014
Car Details: D3 HSE

Post by Kingmav66 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:01 pm

Mark, speak to Bodsy and see what the latest deal is with HIDS4U :thumbright:

Blacknsilver3
Elected Club Member

Post by Blacknsilver3 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:03 pm

http://youtu.be/e49KuBR5r74" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blacknsilver3
Elected Club Member

Post by Blacknsilver3 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:24 pm

As usual I have been surfing the net. I have been reading reviews etc on video recorders. The Go pro Hero 3 has raised its head. I have to say I like it and I am swinging towards that. It has some great features and I think woukd suit my needs a treat. Tough and waterproof is always a great benefit. It will stream to the ipad so no need for my friend the laptop. Great. Defo swung it for me! :lol:

Jason
Forum Contributor
Car Details: Defender 110 DC

Post by Jason » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:48 pm

Mark, save yourself alot of money. Blackvue's are great kit and did suffer firmware probs from time to time. My advice is to not follow the technology and buy an older Blackvue. Do you need HD?! Doubt it. The older version of BV is available new and will do what you need at a fraction of the price.

Defender 110 Double Cab 2010

SkyTag GPS Tracker & SkyTag LW52

SafeTPedal Security

Bluefin Remap Interface, +40bhp/102Nm

Blacknsilver3
Elected Club Member

Post by Blacknsilver3 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:03 pm

I like the idea of the Go pro which can be used in other places than the D3. It could be great to use with the Twins. Bath times, down the beach, in the garden. Was thinking of attatching it to the rod and casting it into the river! Would get some great footage of those elusive silver tourist the Salmon. I do like the Blackview but it would just be in the car. Also read that the quality is poor when near trees!? (Amazon) which is a bit naff as my first thought was to get one for my off road days.