Bodsy
Chairman
Winner: Technical Post 2012, 2013
Comedian of the Year 2014
Car Details: 2007 HSE

Bodsy’s FBH Remote Kits for Sale

Post by Bodsy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:34 pm

Hi All,

As some of you know, I have been selling the Discovery 4 Retrofit Parts for the Remote Park Heater for some time.

I have also been selling for some time, the BAS remote FBHIC controllers for D3.

Its well recognised that starting a warm car puts far less stress on the engine components than starting a cold car. Not to mention the benefits of getting in an already warming car so the heater warms up significantly quicker than normal!

Having looked about the market, I wanted to have a Sim/data version of the remote kits for controlling my own FBH and many customers had also been asking about Sim versions.

Many of you know that I don’t generally sell anything I haven’t road tested myself, so a few weeks ago I got myself the Atrox controllers and set about testing them to make sure they met the quality that I and my customers expect.
I’m pleased to say that they do and I have since been merrily installing these latest version Sim controllers.

So I can now offer :-

Discovery 3

1) BAS Remote FBHIC controller where you have no SIM signal or dont want a SIM solution
2) Altox – Sim activated GSM/GPRS Fuel Burning Heater Controller - £199 inc 1st class post
3) Altox - Sim activated GSM/GPRS Fuel Burning Heater Controller with added GPS functionality - £229 inc 1st class post

Discovery 4

1) Genuine LR Parts Remote Kit - £175 inc 1st class post
2) Altox – Sim activated GSM/GPRS Fuel Burning Heater Controller - £199 inc 1st class post
3) Altox - Sim activated GSM/GPRS Fuel Burning Heater Controller with added GPS functionality - £229 inc 1st class post

Of course I also offer the service to fit all the above parts for you or post them out for you to self fit.

Just remember that the Discovery 4 options all require the Timed/Remote functionality to be added in order for it to work.
Again, thats an additional service I offer if you don’t have the electronic tools available to you.

The Sim activated kits require of course a Sim in order to work. I’m currently using EE Pay As You Go sims in these and can supply one in the kit for you to register.

My D4 LR Remote/Timed kit thread has plenty of info on how that works, so I'll concentrate on the SIM activated ones.

Text Activation
Simply Text "Start" to the Sim number in the controller and it will fire the FBH up. If you have the D4, then it will also activate the fans in the same way as the genuine kit.

Text "Start:30" if you want to run it for 30 minutes or change the number from anywhere between 10 and 120 minutes

If you want to stop the FBH, just text "STOP"

It's that simple. It doesn't need to be a particularly strong signal as text will work at the very weakest signals.

Or use the App

Not forgetting that you can also use the App to set the time that you want the FBH to come on.

Or you can use the App or the website.

Android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... tox.heater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iOS
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/altox-h ... &ls=1&mt=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Website
http://altox.ru/app/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GPS Tracker info
Select the Date, then click on the Map for the route and stops info.

Or just text STATUS and if you have the GPS version, you will also get a googlemap link to the current GPS location, Or look in the app!

I generally have all of the FBH controllers mentioned in stock and ready to ship to you or fit on my travels around the UK (and occasionally further afield)

Any questions, as always, just ask. :thumbright:

Check http://tinyurl.com/brakebible
Here for How to change your Brake Pads, Disks, EPB Shoes Adjust, removal, cleaning & fitting Guide.

IID Pro Multivehicle. D3, D4, RRSport pre and post 2010, FFRR.
Gearbox Transmission Flushes and much more

Disco3Club Chairman

PillowSmuggler
Committee Member
Winner: Avatar of the Year 2012
Comedian of the Year 2013
Mechanic of the Year 2014
Clube Member of the Year 2014
Car Details: Disco3 TDV6 HSE 2007

Re: Bodsy’s FBH Remote Kits for Sale

Post by PillowSmuggler » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:05 am

Looking around the net these seem to be well thought of devices, and I really wish my funds weren't going elsewhere at the moment!

One question occurs whilst wearing my IT Security hat though Bods, what level of security is there on the online map service?
My cynical self says that any lax security on the web site allows a casual browser to seek high value vehicles in their locality. Can you disable the data access on the device and just use sms location requests for added security?

Regards, Dom.
2007 HSE Auto TDV6
Snorkel, Cyclonic air filter, GNVP Rock Sliders
78Ah Aux, Split charge, FBH Timer/Remote, Mantec sump plate
LED: Strobes, interior, camping, brake, running, sides
New Oil Pump, using 2SO at 1:400.

anglefire
Site Admin
Winner: Club Member of Year 2012 & 13
Car Details: Skoda Enyaq IV 80

Post by anglefire » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:06 pm

You don't need to have the recorded tracking on. But if you turn off the internet feature, you loose tracking - which with your hat on, you desire, but you also loose the remote control via the app feature - which is the whole point of it in my view.

But you can buy the non GPS version which means it can't be located accurately.

The system is password protected - not a high number of characters are used which does make it less secure from a brute force point of view, but you also need the units IMIE code and phone number (app only) for access too, so you'd have to be pretty savey to find that! The web tracker uses a different password to the app.

You don't seem to be able to change the app password either. Which is a little odd perhaps.

But I think its great. :thumbright:

Mark

Waeco CFX 40
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Skoda Enyaq IV 80
Skoda Superb SE L Ex (Gone)
2006 disco3 SE. Gone but not forgotten.
BMW 530d M Sport Touring. Gone
Member of Admin team and :ugeek:
Disco3Club Photos: Here

PillowSmuggler
Committee Member
Winner: Avatar of the Year 2012
Comedian of the Year 2013
Mechanic of the Year 2014
Clube Member of the Year 2014
Car Details: Disco3 TDV6 HSE 2007

Post by PillowSmuggler » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:40 pm

Sounds like there are multiple security layers there then, sounds like it's at least been thought about, so that's good!
Cheers Mark :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Agree that App control is very desirable, but was generally rattling the cage to make sure people thought about this stuff for themselves, as it is often overlooked :geek:
Right, I'm off to explain to a user that the reason that you don't use the same password for every damned login in your life is exactly what's happening to him now :roll: :roll:

Regards, Dom.
2007 HSE Auto TDV6
Snorkel, Cyclonic air filter, GNVP Rock Sliders
78Ah Aux, Split charge, FBH Timer/Remote, Mantec sump plate
LED: Strobes, interior, camping, brake, running, sides
New Oil Pump, using 2SO at 1:400.

anglefire
Site Admin

Post by anglefire » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:48 pm

The web tracking app is quite cool - you can play back your trip at different speeds - much like the Blackvue!
Capture.JPG

Mark

Waeco CFX 40
Skoda Enyaq IV 80

anglefire
Site Admin

Post by anglefire » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:30 pm

I have found a slight bug with the tracking app - you can select either mile or KM as a unit of measurement - unfortunately all it does is change the units- it doesn't actually do anything, just changes the units without rescaling!

But it does give my SIM credit balance - on both the tracking app and on the android phone app at least. :thumbright:

Mark

Waeco CFX 40
Skoda Enyaq IV 80

Beanie
Forum Contributor
Car Details: 2013 Discovery 4

Post by Beanie » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:32 am

IID Pro MV Owner

anglefire
Site Admin

Post by anglefire » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:35 pm

I really appreciated this today when I've been outside on a job when I got to the car to find it nicely warmed up (think it peaked at 4'C, but at one point this morning the latch on a door froze!)

Mark

Waeco CFX 40
Skoda Enyaq IV 80

ruggedpeak
Forum Contributor
Car Details: D3 XS

Post by ruggedpeak » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:47 am

Bodsy

Want one. 2 issues though

1) messing around with FBH some time back it wouldn't take a signal on whichever wire it is to turn it on. Still works normally, and some years ago it worked with the original FBH remote solution from 10forcash. So needs some technical input.

2) When are you next down this way so you can install it as well get rid of the EGR dash light?

Tony

Tony
56 D3 XS

Bodsy
Chairman
Winner: Technical Post 2012, 2013
Comedian of the Year 2014
Car Details: 2007 HSE

Post by Bodsy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:13 am

Lol, was down there last week!
I'm sure it can be fixed :thumbright:

Check http://tinyurl.com/brakebible
Here for How to change your Brake Pads, Disks, EPB Shoes Adjust, removal, cleaning & fitting Guide.

IID Pro Multivehicle. D3, D4, RRSport pre and post 2010, FFRR.
Gearbox Transmission Flushes and much more

Disco3Club Chairman